Bristol Compact/Bristol City Council: Co-ordination of Bristol’s response to the Big Lottery Fund's Fulfilling Lives
Following the Big Lottery announcement of the Fulfilling Lives programme, Bristol Compact and Bristol City Council have been co-ordinating the Bristol response.
Fulfilling Lives will help services come together to ensure they provide tailored support for people with multiple and complex needs. The focus is on people who are experiencing at least two of the following: homelessness, reoffending, problematic substance misuse and mental ill health. Bristol is one of 15 areas invited by the Big Lottery Fund to respond to this opportunity. Each area has been invited to develop a partnership proposal for £4-10 million over 5-8 years.
Updates and Communication
To see the detailed updates issued by Big Lottery and the co-ordination team, click here.
What's happened so far?
The Big Lottery Fund has held a series of meetings across the country to start the local conversations. A meeting was held in Bristol on 13 August 2012 so that interested parties could discuss the requirements of and the selection process for the Lead Partner. A subsequent meeting was held on 20 August at which the potential Lead Partners discussed and finalised the criteria and selection process for the Bristol Lead Partner. To see the papers of meetings and the List of Interested Parties, click here.
The potential Lead Partners submitted statements on a standard template, providing information against the agreed criteria and responses to some additional questions. Those statements were published on 5 September and organisations included in the List of Interested Parties (22/8/12) invited to express their first and second preference for the organisation that will lead the partnership in Bristol. The deadline for expression of preferences was 5pm 21 September. The results were published (below) on 24 September.
Next stages in Bristol
Second Step, as the Bristol Lead Partner, will now complete the Big Lottery’s Lead Organisation Form by 12 noon, 28 September and the application papers will be released by Big Lottery.
Second Step will take the lead on forming the partnership and the next step: developing the vision and strategy for the partnership in Bristol. All further coordination and communication will be undertaken by Second Step.
Point of contact
During the early stages of this Bristol coordination process, the lead contact was Mark Hubbard, Compact Liaison Officer. firstname.lastname@example.org 0117 933 0505. As of 24 September, all further coordination and communication will be undertaken by Second Step, the Bristol Lead Partner (contact details in the List of Interested Parties).
The following documents include all relevant information and regular updates.
- Big Lottery Fund information about Fulfilling Lives
- 5/7/12 Presentation from the Big Lottery pre-briefing
- 24/7/12 Update from co-ordinators
- 26/7/12 Update on co-ordination
- 6/8/12 Update from Big Lottery
- 6/8/12 Update from co-ordinators
- 10/8/12 Additional documents from Big Lottery (Terms and Conditions; Partnership guidance)
- 13/8/12 Papers for the meeting: presentation and List of Interested Parties
- 13/8/12 Notes from the meeting
- 17/8/12 List of Interested Parties (updated)
- 20/8/12 Notes from the meeting of potential Lead Partners
- 22/8/12 Template for Lead Partner information
- Selecting the Lead Partner, 5/9/12
- Statements from potential Lead Partners, 5/9/12
- List of Interested Parties (22/8/12, those that selected the interested parties)
- Results - Bristol Lead Partner, 24/9/12
- Finalised List of Interested Parties (24/9/12, includes more interested parties)